It is a cool overcast day today and Jacob has been a snugly cuddle bug all day long, and I am loving it! Daddy just came home from a meeting, so I passed our snuggle bug off to him so I could get something accomplished (like eat lunch) and he promptly fell back asleep (that’s what I do too when daddy is watching the Masters on the golf channel).
Since we are all warm and fuzzy over here I thought it was the perfect day to share this. I’ve seen it circulating on Pinterest and Facebook a few times. Now that I have a son, it has a whole new meaning to me and I think it is a good reminder how instrumental parents are to shaping their children and teaching them about what kind of person to be. Sure they will grow up and make their own choices, but you can talk to them about these kinds of things early and pray that they will make the right choices in life.
2. You will set the tone for the sexual relationship, so don’t take something away from her that you can’t give back.
3. Use careful aim when you pee. Somebody’s got to clean that up, you know.
4. Save money when you’re young because you’re going to need it some day.
5. Allow me to introduce you to the dishwasher, oven, washing machine, iron, vacuum, mop and broom. Now please go use them.
6. Pray and be a spiritual leader.
7. Don’t ever be a bully and don’t ever start a fight, but if some idiot clocks you, please defend yourself.
8. Your knowledge and education is something that nobody can take away from you.
9. Treat women kindly. Forever is a long time to live alone and it’s even longer to live with somebody who hates your guts.
10. Take pride in your appearance.
11. Be strong and tender at the same time.
12. A woman can do everything that you can do. This includes her having a successful career and you changing diapers at 3 A.M. Mutual respect is the key to a good relationship.
13. “Yes ma’am” and “yes sir” still go a long way.
14. The reason that they’re called “private parts” is because they’re “private”. Please do not scratch them in public.
15. Peer pressure is a scary thing. Be a good leader and others will follow.
16. Bringing her flowers for no reason is always a good idea.
17. Be patriotic.
18. Potty humor isn’t the only thing that’s humorous.
19. Please choose your spouse wisely. My daughter-in-law will be the gatekeeper for me spending time with you and my grandchildren.
20. Remember to call your mother because I might be missing you.
Here’s our 14 week old snuggle bug!
My excitement about sleeping for 8 hours last week was short lived, as in the two days I blogged about. However…these past two nights he has been sleeping 6 hours, then we have the 2 am feeding and then he sleeps for another 6 hours! So I can’t complain, we will see what the next week will bring.