Whoever coined the phrase “sleeping like a baby” has obviously never heard a baby sleep. Babies are noisy sleepers! Sure there are times when they are sleeping peacefully and quietly but there are also grunts, squeaks, farts and other noises that they make thrown in the mix. Jacob does them all. Hence the title of this post my nickname for Jacob is squeaker. He doesn’t only squeak when he is sleeping, he does it when he is playing, when he finishes eating, when he is waking up, when he starts to get fussy and at other random times throughout the day. I love that sound it is so cute! My mom did mention to me one day that I am going to eventually have to start calling him by his name otherwise he will think his name is squeaker 🙂
I am a little late in posting Jacob’s 7 week picture but here it is
- I weighed him last Friday and he was 11 lbs 14 oz, so I’m sure he is 12 lbs by now!
- He has started going 6 hours between feedings the last 2 nights so mom has gotten a good 4.5 – 5 hours of sleep!
- He has always loved his changing table and that is still the case, every time I lay him down to change him he immediately starts cooing and looking around, smiling and is just an overall happy baby.
- He is wearing his 3 month clothes already and has been for a while!
- All the baby books I’ve read talk about how after a feeding there should be some wake/play time before going down for a nap, Jacob does the exact opposite. After eating he takes a nap then wakes up about an hour before his next feeding, I kind of agree with his method, a nap after a meal is always a good idea.